*SPECIAL ORDER ITEM, PREPAYMENT REQUIRED*
The Brent® 16 is the ideal wheel for use in any rehabilitation program. It is a variable speed power wheel with a frame that was designed in coordination with leading rehabilitation and therapy experts. The 16 wheel makes throwing on a wheel possible for persons who otherwise would not have the opportunity. Possibilities include use with a wheel chair, a standard stool, or while standing up. The 16 wheel can handle 150 lbs. of clay continuously. The 16 wheel includes the brent® Classic Controller with these features:
- Optimal torque at all speeds -- wheel speed remains constant under varying loads for smooth feel and full control
- Quiet operation -- electronic filtering greatly reduces operating noise
- EZ-feel toggle switches -- on/off and forward/reverse switches are easy to locate. Forward/reverse switch has neutral safety position to assure somooth transitions when changing directions.
- EZ-to-read indicator light -- protrudes from control box for viewing from potter's stool
- Easy to service modular connections for motor and foot pedal -- makes upgrades and replacements easy
Additional features of the 16 include:
- Handles 150 lbs. continuously
- Adjustable -- a crank mechanism adjusts the height of the 12" cast aluminum throwing head from 21" to 35"
- Mobile -- The No. 16 wheel fits through any 36" door and rolls into position easily on its hard rubber casters.
- Stationary during throwing -- Four rubber feet raise the casters off the floor to hold wheel in place and level the wheel
- All-steel construction and solid table -- for strength and durability
- Variable speeds -- Speeds from 0 to 240 rpm can be controlled by the hand lever/foot pedal which can be placed on the floor or clamped in position on the handy tray at the side of the table
- Automatic Belt Tensioning -- keeps the 6-groove poly-v drive belt tight for maximum performance
- Cast aluminum 12" wheel head -- marked with concentric circles for ease in centering clay and includes two bat pins
- Permanent magnet 1/2 hp, 5 amp DC motor -- allows the user to work with up to 150 lbs. of clay
- Reversible electronic speed control -- assures maximum torque and smooth response both clockwise and counterclockwise