1/2 oz Cone 020
Mother-Of-Pearl is a translucent luster that provides iridescence to the glazed surface. Try the Mother-Of-Pearl over any overglaze compatible colored glaze, even black or crystal glazes, for additional interesting effects. Packaged in 1/2 ounce bottle, one bottle should be sufficient to cover 12 or so 12" tall vases or other art objects.
"Translucent overglaze with a lustrous iridescence. Its appearance is determined by the glaze that the luster is applied over (on a gloss glaze, the metallic will be shiny; on a matte glaze, the metallic will be dull).
1. Apply an overglaze compatible glaze to bisque.
2. Fire to cone Glaze temp for that glaze.
3. Do not stir or shake overglaze.
4. Place a small amount of overglaze on a glazed palette:
a. For a swirled look, swirl on one coat, overlapping strokes.
b. For a smooth look, brush on all strokes in the same direction.
5. Correct application should produce a light tint."