Call for pricing.
- Stainless Steel: Shaft, augers and paddles of stainless steel, along with aluminum mixing/pugging chamber, ensures rust-free clay processing.
- Removable Paddles: The mixing paddle/auger assembly is removable for ease of cleaning
- Large Hopper: The 8" x 8" hopper door opening allows for easy loading of up to 85 lbs. of clay per batch.
- Batch Mixing Capability: Full batch mixing and blending capability allows for moisture adjustment before pugging.
- Pugmill Output: Switch to PUG after a batch is completely mixed, and the Power Wedger unloads itself in the form of 3" diameter deaired logs.
- Vacuum Deaired: Each batch can be deaired by starting the vacuum pump when the load is mixed. Air is removed during the last stage of mixing, leaving an air-free product when pugged out. Our patented vacuum design allows us to deair the clay without the use of cumbersome vacuum screens!
- Sealed Chamber: Leaving moist clay in the Power Wedger is not a problem. All the openings are sealed so clay will stay moist indefinitely.
- Intellectual Mixing Technology: Real-time monitoring of clay consistency can be accomplished while mixing. Similar to an automatic transmission, the Pugger-Mixer can automatically speed up or slow down based on the hardness of the clay being processed. The operator can also control the speed by controlling the variable speed knob.
- Variable Speed Control: This allows the operator the ability to speed up or slow down the pugmill. This is especially useful when extruding through dies. Because of the back pressure generated by a large amount of clay being forced through a small orifice, the speed control allows the operator to slow the pugging as required. In turn, perfect deaired configurations are easily extruded through the Pugger-Mixer. There are additional advantages if you are a "single potter studio". The ability to slow the pugging allows for time to place pugged clay into containers or bags.
- On Wheels: The VPM-30 comes with 6" diameter wheels. It is easily transported for cleaning and storage.
- Work Surface: The motor and drive are enclosed for protection, cleanliness and safety. A 14" x 20" cleanable work surface is provided on top for convenience of the operator while loading.