Call for pricing.
The machine now has the ability to provide real-time monitoring of the clay consistency as it is being processed in the machine. As the clay softens, the Pugger-Mixer responds by accelerating up to twice the speed as previously offered. Yes, we have the fastest cycles times on the market, but why stop there! Realtime monitoring of the clay, coupled with our patented vacuum deairing design, makes this machine the most capable studio processor available today.
- Stainless Steel: Shaft, augers and paddles of stainless steel, along with aluminum mixing/pugging chamber, ensures rust-free clay processing.
- Large Hopper: The 7" x 7" hopper door opening allows for easy loading of up to 45 lbs. of clay per batch.
- Batch Mixing Capability: Full batch mixing and blending capability allows for moisture adjustment before pugging.
- Pugmill Output: Switch to PUG after a batch is completely mixed, and the Power Wedger unloads itself in the form of 3" diameter deaired logs.
- Vacuum Deaired: Each batch can be deaired by starting the vacuum pump when the load is mixed. Air is removed during the last stage of mixing, leaving an air-free product when pugged out. Our patented vacuum design allows us to deair the clay without the use of cumbersome vacuum screens!
- Sealed Chamber: Leaving moist clay in the Power Wedger is not a problem. All the openings are sealed so clay will stay moist indefinitely.
- Intellectual Mixing Technology: Real-time monitoring of clay consistency can be accomplished while mixing. Similar to an automatic transmission, the Pugger-Mixer can automatically speed up or slow down based on the hardness of the clay being processed. The operator can also control the speed by controlling the variable speed knob.
- Variable Speed Control: This allows the operator the ability to speed up or slow down the pugmill. This is especially useful when extruding through dies. Because of the back pressure generated by a large amount of clay being forced through a small orifice, the speed control allows the operator to slow the pugging as required. In turn, perfect deaired configurations are easily extruded through the Pugger-Mixer. There are additional advantages if you are a "single potter studio". The ability to slow the pugging allows for time to place pugged clay into containers or bags.
- Work Surface: The motor and drive are covered for protection, cleanliness and safety. A 12" x 16" cleanable work surface is provided on top for convenience of the operator while loading.
- Optional Stand:This heavy duty stand has a shelf, and the height is adjustable. Wheels are included and can be installed on the motor end of the VPM-20 stand for easy transport.