Built since 1970, Skutt Thomas Stuart Signature Series Kick Wheels are designed for maximum performance and durability. They are built to the highest standards of quality and meet the most stringent demands of both professional and amateur potters.
The Kickwheel has distictive characteristics:
- Bolt-together construction allows you to assemble the wheel in place, eliminating the difficulties of transporting the wheel around tight corners and stairways.
- The frame is made of rigid, rust-proof, steel pipe. It's unique 4 - point stance offers stability unmatched in the market today.
- The attached seat is completely adjustable; both forward and back, up and down, and is combined with footrests, making the Skutt Potter's Wheel comfortable for potter's of all sizes.
- The large tabletop and seat are made of selected plywood and are sealed with several coats of a marine varnish for lasting durability. There are anti-skid surfaces on both the footrests and the flywheel.
- A 140 - pound flywheel allows the wheel head to spin much longer. It is accurately cast with two inches of concrete. Each flywheel is individually balanced for precision.
- The flywheel turns a standard 14" cast aluminum wheel head.